CIVIX is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join its team and assume the role of Communications Coordinator.
CIVIX is a national charity that aims to build the capacity and commitment of young Canadians to participate in their democracy. CIVIX provides experiential learning opportunities to help young Canadians practice their rights and responsibilities as citizens.
CIVIX’s flagship program is Student Vote – a parallel election for students under the voting age, coinciding with official election periods. The program combines in-class learning, family dialogue, media consumption and an authentic voting experience.
Following 10 years of success with the Student Vote program, CIVIX is at a pivotal place to expand its new programming streams and increase its reach and effectiveness during and between elections.
CIVIX is looking for a Communications Coordinator to assist with outreach, communications, marketing, media relations and event planning.
- Implement communication strategies in both official languages for a variety of CIVIX programs, including Student Vote, Rep Day, Student Budget Consultations and Democracy Bootcamps.
- Draft and/or translate (to French) written communications for key target audiences.
- Build relationships with stakeholders in the francophone education system.
- Conduct outreach to French schools to encourage participation in CIVIX programs.
- Communicate with French and English teachers via phone and email and support them in program implementation.
- Coordinate the translation of program resources, including lesson plans and online tools.
- Assist in the development and production of creative multi-media promotional and program related tools and resources.
- Coordinate logistics for CIVIX events and conferences.
- Assist with office administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in the education or communications field.
- Superior communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time.
- Strong understanding of Canada’s electoral process and government structure.
- Proven ability to work in a small team setting.
- Flexible, creative and willing to take initiative.
- Good computer skills, proficient with MS Office applications.
- A degree in communications, journalism or political science is preferred.
- Written and spoken fluency in French is required.
- Must not be affiliated with any political party/politician at the federal, provincial or municipal level.
One year contract position, with opportunity for renewal. Hourly wage is $18-$22, depending on experience and credentials.
Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Deadline to apply: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Cover letter and resume to be submitted as one Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You can read the complete job posting here.
Posted in News |
One Response to “Communications Coordinator”
Weekly Round-Up: August 23 | CIVIX Says:
August 23rd, 2013 at 9:35 am
[…] the most important news story of the week? The answer is simple: CIVIX is hiring a Communications Coordinator. Apply now, and tell your […]
Leave a Reply
Rep Day 2017
Democracy Bootcamp Alberta
2017 Student Budget Consultation Results
Democracy Bootcamp B.C. 2017
Manager, Stakeholder Relations and Development
Rep Day Fall 2016 – Connecting Students with their MPs
Student Vote Yukon: The Results
Student Vote Day in Yukon
Yukon party leaders respond to Student Vote questions
Student Vote engages 12,000 youth in Saskatchewan’s civic elections