Manager, Stakeholder Relations and Development
CIVIX is seeking an ambitious and hard-working individual to assume the role of Manager, Stakeholder Relations and Development.
Reporting to the President & CEO and the COO, and working as part of a team, you will contribute to the creation and successful execution of a comprehensive stakeholder and fund development growth strategy in support of the identified strategic directions of CIVIX.
CIVIX is Canada’s leading civic education charity with a mandate to build the skills and habits of citizenship among young people.
We believe the best way to learn the skills of effective citizenship is through experience. Instead of learning about democracy from a text book, students should experience it first-hand with the real issues in real-time. By practicing the habits of informed and engaged citizenship at an early age, students will be more inclined and prepared to participate in their democracy when they reach adulthood.
Student Vote is the award-winning flagship program of CIVIX. Coinciding with official elections, students learn about government and the electoral process, research the party platforms, candidates and issues, and participate in a parallel vote. The Student Vote results are shared with the public and with the media for broadcast or publication. CIVIX delivered its largest program to date during the 2015 federal election with approximately half of all Canadian schools registering to participate. In total, 922,000 students cast a ballot from 6,662 schools across Canada, representing all 338 electoral districts.
CIVIX also offers initiatives between elections, including government budget consultations with youth (Student Budget Consultation), coordinated visits between students and their elected representatives (Rep Day), and professional development opportunities for teachers (Democracy Bootcamp).
- Contribute to strong and lasting relationships between donors and CIVIX, coordinating the timely fulfillment of donor acknowledgement, recognition, reporting and ongoing communications about the mission of the organization;
- Support the research, active identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of major gift prospects, including individuals, corporations, foundations and granting organizations;
- Manage the establishment and maintenance of high quality donor and prospect information management through database, electronic and paper filing systems;
- Working closely with the President & CEO and the COO, contribute to setting annual fund development objectives and management of tactical plans to achieve annual revenue targets, ensuring ongoing evaluation of activities and results for effectiveness and continuous quality improvement.
2) Stakeholder Engagement:
- Attend meetings and coordinate regular updates with various key stakeholders (education, government, community);
- Coordinate timely responses to meeting action items and provide follow-up contact and support, where applicable;
- Represent CIVIX at select events (following a training and mentorship period);
- Support the coordination of stakeholder contributions for various programs as needed.
- Contribute to the production of public reports, newsletters and other program-related communication materials;
- Generate new ideas to communicate the story of CIVIX programming to stakeholders and the general public;
- Support media partnerships and coverage for various programs as needed.
SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- At least three years’ experience in business development and fundraising and/or communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong research acumen
- Sound judgement and decision-making abilities
- Self-initiative and ability to prioritize
- Working knowledge of CRM database systems
- French fluency is an asset
This position is a full-time one-year contract position to begin, with a permanent position to follow pending performance.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a tentative contract start date of February 27.
Cover letter, resume and two references for recent work experience to be submitted as one Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Manager, Stakeholder Relations and Development’ in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CIVIX is committed to accessible recruiting, employment, and retention practices, and individual accommodations can be provided upon request.
Leave a Reply
Democracy Bootcamp Alberta
2017 Student Budget Consultation Results
Democracy Bootcamp B.C. 2017
Manager, Stakeholder Relations and Development
Rep Day Fall 2016 – Connecting Students with their MPs
Student Vote Yukon: The Results
Student Vote Day in Yukon
Yukon party leaders respond to Student Vote questions
Student Vote engages 12,000 youth in Saskatchewan’s civic elections
Student Vote Day for the Saskatchewan Civic Elections